Friday, September 13, 2013

Where the journey begins...

Who I am:  A wife, daughter, sister, cousin, friend, christian, Godmother, college graduate, homeowner, avid deal hunter, cat lover, Muppet fan, reader, small business owner, music lover, Disney princess (in my head), Lyme disease patient, painter, decorator, and so much more.

What I want to be:  A MOTHER!!!!

It's funny how sometimes all of the other things you are don't add up to the one thing you want to be.  You see, Phil and I have always talked about wanting to become parents,  it's only in the last year that it became our top priority...

We were overjoyed, surprised and amazed when we found out in January that we were pregnant. Six weeks later we were devastated, crestfallen and numb when we suffered a miscarriage.  It's amazing how quickly you can grow to love someone you haven't even met yet.  Now that it's been a few months, we no longer feel those heartbreaking emotions, and with the overwhelming support of friends and family (and people we never met, Tara) we feel blessed to have gotten pregnant and to have had that experience (if only for a short time) and confident in the fact that we will meet our little baby in heaven :)

So this brings us to present day.  After talking about it and praying on it for awhile, Phil and I have decided to embark on the road to adoption!  Everything feels so new, exciting and scary and we are beyond anxious to see where all of this leads.  I am hoping that this blog will help be my sounding board through this process as I am sure there will be lots of heartbreak and frustration, but God-willing, there will be much more joy.  May God grant us more faith than fear on this journey ahead.  Thank you for joining us, away we go!!!!!
 


5 comments:

  1. I will pray for God's peace to overwhelm you throughout the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Thanks for sharing your journey! Wishing you many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much Guys, for sharing this part of your lifes adventure.I pray you recieve the strength, patience and I know that their is a little out there, needing a mom and dad. I admire the strength and want that the two of you have lots to enjoy through this adventure,keep me posted ,,,,love aunt susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Jessie! I am so excited for you and Phil on this next journey. As a person who was adopted (at 4months), I commended you both for opening your hearts to a child who needs a home and a loving family. I am forever grateful to my Mom for adopting myself and my brothers because who knows what kind of life I would of had otherwise. You two will make amazing parents. Prayers that you will find the baby God has in store for you soon!
    xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many people who are sending their love and well wishes to you on this exciting journey! We will be praying for your family and are excited for you on this new chapter!

    {I'm looking forward to meeting you soon!}

    ReplyDelete